The Large Swag is perfect to store a large variety of fruit, veggies and leafy greens of any size. You can have a combination of fruits, veggies and leafy greens all in one Swag. If you want your fruit & veggies to stay fresher for much longer, then you need to give them an environment they can THRIVE in. Say ‘goodbye’ to plastic and ‘hello’ to natural freshness. The Swag not only saves you money – it saves time. Less rummaging through your fridge and less trips to the shops!
Width: 42cm x Height:52cm (opened up and including flap height) 42cm x 38cm not including the flap.
The Swag is made out of three different/unique layers of 100% natural, unbleached, unseeded cotton materials. Each of the three layers play a significant role in keeping your fresh produce fresher for much longer!
- 100% Sustainable
- Ethically and Fair Trade Produced
- 100% Natural
THE SWAG'S 10 Fruit and Vegetable Storage Tips to keep your produce fresher for longer are below.
- Never store your fruits and vegetables in plastic bags or plastic containers.
- Don’t allow too much moisture to touch your produce.
- Buy fruits and vegetables before they’re ripe.
- Store ripe fruit away from unripened produce so the ethylene gas released by the ripe fruit doesn’t cause premature ripening in your other fruits and vegetables.
- Store produce in the proper places – the refrigerator or the counter.
- Use/save/toss overripe produce immediately so it doesn’t cause the produce stored near it to ripen too quickly.
- Before you store it, buy local. The process to get produce to your supermarket is not quick. To get the freshest produce that will last the longest, try to buy from local growers whenever possible.
- Store produce loosely packed so it can breathe.
- Avoid storing produce in the door of your refrigerator where temperatures can fluctuate significantly.
- Keep produce out of direct sunlight.
Combine The Swag with the 10 fruit and vegetable storage tips listed above to keep your fruit and vegetables fresher for longer, and you’ll love how much time and money you’ll save when you start making fewer trips to the grocery store and wasting less food!