Brauer Baby Saline Nasal Spray has been designed to help soothe the symptoms of colds, allergies or the flu. Brauer saline nasal spray and aspirator is gentle enough to be used form birth and works to;
- Remove mucous, helping your baby to breathe easier.
Glucose Syrup (corn), Sugar, Australian Honey, Eucalyptus Oil, Olive Leaf Extract and Natural Honey Colour.
The common Coldin a benign viral infection of the Upper Respiratory Tract.
- Symptoms are a sore throat, nasal congestion, sneezing and mild fever.
- Recoveryusually occurs 7-10 days after onset.
The flu is a more sever respiratory infection, caused by the influenza virus.
- Symptoms are similar to the common cold however more severe and include high fever, malaise and muscle pain. Bed rest is usually always required.
- Recovery usually occurs 1-2 weeks after onset. However can last longer if the person develops complications most common in the elderly or immunocompromised.
- Let baby get plenty of rest! this is no time for sleep schedules, the body fights off infections whilst they sleep hence why they sleep more when sick.
- Drink Plenty of fluids. Depending on babies age, offer them breast milk, formula or water often to ensure they do not become dehydrated.
- Feed baby foods that are easy to digest. This may mean offering smoothies soups or puree's instead of more heavy dense foods. The less energy the body has to spend digesting the more it can spend on killing off the virus.
- Let baby Sip on warm liquids.A cold remedy used in many cultures, taking in warm liquids, such as chicken soup, tea or warm apple juice, might be soothing and might ease congestion by increasing mucus flow.
- Let baby soak in Warm Bath to ease congestion and help relax an unsettled baby. Add in a relaxing baby bath oilfor added soothing & relaxation. This can also give mum a much needed break from a clingy and irritable sick baby.