PRODUCT INFOSaline Ultra Nasal Spray is a saline solution that contains ingredients traditionally used in aromatherapy for the relief of nasal congestion and for the relief of symptoms of mild coughs, colds and sinusitis.
- Each 1 mL contains 8 mg of sodium chloride, 1.5 mg of Eucalyptus Oil and 1.5 mg of Peppermint Oil.
How to use
Adults: Administer 1 spray (120 μL) into each nostril every 4 hours. Shake the container before use.
The common Cold in a benign viral infection of the Upper Respiratory Tract.
- Symptoms are a sore throat, nasal congestion, sneezing and mild fever.
- Recovery usually occurs 7-10 days after onset.
The flu is a more sever respiratory infection, caused by the influenza virus.
- Symptoms are similar to the common cold however more severe and include high fever, malaise and muscle pain. Bed rest is usually always required.
- Recovery usually occurs 1-2 weeks after onset. However can last longer if the person develops complications most common in the elderly or immunocompromised.
- Drink lots of fluid to stay hydrated and to help thin mucus
- Use saline products before eating and at night to help clear the nose and make yourself more comfortable
- Ensure hands are washed regularly to prevent transmission of germs
- Take a long hot shower as the steam will help to clear the nose
- At night, prop yourself up with a couple of pillows to help make breathing easier
Breathing in essential oils via a diffuser can alleviate symptoms of a block nose and dry cough as well as encouraging a restful sleep.
- Peppermint, Eucalyptus & Tea tree are well known essential oils used to alleviate cold and flu symptoms.
- Lavender and Chamomile are used to assist in a restful nights sleep.
It is recommended to use:
- Essential oils that are 100% organic and pure to avoid any potentially harmful toxins.
- Ultrasonic Cold Mist Diffuser to avoid mould residue which some vaporisers can cause which can lead to adverse health issues.