Struggling with winter bugs?
KiwiHerb herbal cough and chest syrup is great tasting syrup suitable for the whole family (6y+). It Contains organic herbs traditionally used to;
- Support the health of the respiratory tract
- Relieve coughs
- Mullein (organic) 150mg / 5ml,
- Elecampane (organic) 150mg /5ml,
- White Horehound (organic) 137.5mg /5ml,
- Marshmallow (organic) 55mg /5ml.
In a base of organic Manuka honey, apple juice concentrate, apple cider vinegar with natural orange & lemon flavour.
Contains ethanol. Contains sugars as honey. Contains no artificial colours, flavours, sweeteners or preservatives, gluten, yeast or dairy derivatives.
Adults: 5 -10ml up to 5 times daily;
Children 6-12yrs: 2 - 5ml up to 5 times daily.
The common Cold in a benign viral infection of the Upper Respiratory Tract.
- Symptoms are a sore throat, nasal congestion, sneezing and mild fever.
- Recovery usually occurs 7-10 days after onset
The flu is a more sever respiratory infection, caused by the influenza virus.
- Symptoms are similar to the common cold however more severe and include high fever, malaise and muscle pain. Bed rest is usually always required.
- Recovery usually occurs 1-2 weeks after onset. However can last longer if the person develops complications most common in the elderly or immunocompromised.
- Get plenty of bed rest. Your body needs to rest to heal.
- Drink Plenty of fluids. Water, juice, clear broth or warm lemon water with honey helps loosen congestion and prevents dehydration. Avoid alcohol, coffee and caffeinated sodas, which can make dehydration worse.
- Eat foods that are easy to digest. The less the body has to spend energy digesting the more it can spend energy killing off the virus.
- Sip warm liquids. A cold remedy used in many cultures, taking in warm liquids, such as chicken soup, tea or warm apple juice, might be soothing and might ease congestion by increasing mucus flow.
Elderberry Syrup - Recipe in our blog https://theearthswitch.com.au/blogs/blog/welcome-to-the-earth-switch
Honey, Lemon & Chamomile Tea is a Very well known home remedy for a sore throat.
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tea bag of Chamomile Tea
Lemons can provide pain relief & break up mucus, plus they're high in vitamin C.
Chamomile tea is known to have anti-inflammatory properties to reduce swelling and redness.
Honey is the gold standard home remedy for a sore throat and dry irritating cough. One study found that honey was even more effective at taming nighttime coughs than common cough suppressants!
- Salt water gargle 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt dissolved in 1 cup of warm water to soothe a sore throat. The salt functions as a magnet for water so you are pulling fluids out of the tissue in the throat and washing away the virus temporarily.