There is nothing more painful then an ear infection! I for one suffered from them right up until 18 years of age. As a child I had numerous rounds of antibiotics to treat them as my mum was not aware of other methods of treatment. As I grew older I learnt very quickly that prevention was key, as soon as I started to get sick and felt the slightest ear pain beginning I got straight onto my natural remedies and have never had one since.
Mullein Garlic Ear oil formula provides a natural means for addressing ear pain and infection. The key ingredient, Mullein Flowers, has been known to be a gentle yet effective herbal remedy for centuries.
Mullein flowers have demonstrated antiviral actions as well as being successful in reducing inflammation, softening earwax, stimulating circulation in the ear, and acting as an anodyne to auditory nerves easing irritation and pain in the ear. Combined with the antimicrobial power of fresh garlic. We extract the medicinal properties of these herbs with organic extra virgin olive oil and add natural vitamin E oil. The combination of these ingredients allow for a wide spectrum of ear problems to be addressed. It may also be used as a preventative for infants, children, or adults prone to chronic ear infections.
Ear infections tend to occur more in the winter because upper-respiratory infections such as cold and flu and even allergies. That’s because they tend to cause congestion and swelling in your nasal passages and throat. This causes excess fluid to build up and not drain effectively which increases your chance of an ear infection.
Children who are 2 and younger get more ear infections because of the small size and shape of their Eustachian tubes.
Ear infections are extremely painful and SHOULD always be checked by a doctor to ensure there isn't a more serious condition like a perforated ear drum.
- Treat straight away keep a bottle of mullein garlic ear oil in your medicine cabinet ready to go when the slightest bit of ear pain comes on.
- Prevention is KEY! if you or you child suffer from frequent ear infections then prevention is key! Often ear infection are secondary to a viral infection so if you or your child has symptoms of a cold or flu, start using the mullein garlic ear oil and a preventative measure.
- Breast Feed babies who nurse for 12 months or more tend to have fewer infections. If breastfeeding isn’t an option, bottle feed your child in an upright, sitting position.
Garlic has been used as a natural remedy for ear issues including earache, ear infection, and tinnitus. The following is how to use garlic at home in your ears.
- Peel 1 garlic clove and chop
- Add the garlic to 2-4 tablespoons of olive oil in a small pan or pot that has not been heated yet.
- Warm the oil and garlic in a pan over low heat—you don’t want it hot. The heat is too high if the oil is smoking or bubbling.
- Swirl the oil around the pan just until fragrant.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the mixture cool.
- Pour the garlic oil into the jar, straining out the garlic pieces.
How to use
The person with the ear infection should be lying on their side with the sore ear facing up.
Put two or three drops of warm garlic oil into the ear. Gently place the piece of cotton over the opening of the ear just enough to stop the oil from seeping out. The person being treated should remain in the same position for 10 to 15 minutes.
Onion can help fight infection and reduce pain. Also like garlic, onions are not a substitute for medical attention. The following is how to use onion at home in your ears
- Heat an onion in the microwave for a minute or two. Then, strain the liquid and apply several drops to the ear. A person may want to lie down for 10 minutes, and then allow the liquid to flow out of the ear. Repeat this as needed.
- Use a heat pack on the affected ear to reduce inflammation and pain. The heating pad should not be unbearably hot. People should never fall asleep with a heating pad, or allow a child to use a hot pack without adult supervision.
- Breast milk has antimicrobial properties. Some research suggests that a mother's breast milk changes based on the microbes to which a baby is exposed. People can try dropping a few drops of breast milk in each ear, and repeat the application every few hours as needed.